Friday, August 23, 2013

Monday August 19 Out 'n About Zipline and Treehouses

I left Gold Hill at 1:30 P.M. and drove 60 miles to Cave Junction and Out 'n About for a 3:00 P.M. tour. I arrived at 2:40 and met Adam who set me up with gear. There was a little walking on this tour but not bad and the guides are always willing to stop and let us catch out breath if needed.

We zipped 9 lines with speeds up to 45 mph. Some of the lines were in the trees with long ones across the field. Fun tour! This tour can be done with the first 5 or the complete 9. 

After the regular zipline tour another tour can be done that requires a 70 ft ascend on a double rope system. I was harnessed in and the system allowed me to climb up the rope and set it so I could not slide back down. I have to say this was a workout, but worth the climb because then I got to zip a 740 ft zipline. When I reached the other platform I then rapelled down 50 feet.

After all of this, I still had to try the Tarzan swing. I was pulled 70 feet up, where I let go and went into freefall until the rope caught me and swung me back a forth. This swing get s a real scream out of me. I did it twice!

I have to say, I was pretty tired at the end of this day, so when the owner Mike said he had a treehouse for me to stay in, I was ecstatic to say the least. The place is so cool!

I was invited to eat with a family who was cooking salmon on the grill...what a treat!

I loved the treehouse. I had a complete bath with shower and queen bed.

There were steps and then a suspension bridge to get to my place. I had a deck that I could sit on and look out at the lit up bridges and walkways that were all lit up. Between the walk ways there were places to sit or just look out.

The treehouses were all different heights and really cool. What a great place to stay!

There are also other activities there. Several horses for horseback riding. Great place for cooking on the grill and picnicking. Fire rings for campfires.

I loved this place and hope to go back. This is a great place for families or adults!

Pics later  

Out 'n About Treehouse Tresort
Treehouse Zipline
300 Page Creek Rd.
Cave Junction, OR. 97523
541-592-2207

Facebook




































No comments:

Post a Comment