Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Adventure Begins

As I began my new journey, with 5 ziplines planned, I decided a great new adventure would be ziplining across the USA. How cool is that?

I had already zipped in 7 states, at ten different places, with about 50 zips under my belt. 

I then determined this would make a great book: 60 year old lady zips across the US!

As I go, I am compiling as much info as possible on every zipline I find out about! I could use some help here! I will set up a clickable icon on the ziplining page so anyone can let me know about a zip. Until then, email me at SuenFL@aol.com and put zipline in the subject line.

I will also keep a list of the ziplines with links to their websites. The ones that I am able to zip will have a review with them.

My first planned zip was in Asheville, NC on June 4th at Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures; a very nice canopy tour consisting of 8 lines. Nice tour with good views!

Asheville Zipline Canopy Adventures
Asheville Treetops Adventure Park

1 Resort Dr
Asheville, NC 28806

828.225.2921

800.247.5539

Facebook







________________________________________________________________________

Next, June 17th, was Black Mountain Thunder in Evarts, KY! This canopy tour consisted of 11 lines through the mountains, beautiful views! This tour has almost no climbing, a truck drives you to the top of the mountain and you zip from platform to platform down the side of the mountain. Very reasonably priced also!

Black Mountain Thunder Zip Line
Bailey Creek Road
Evarts, Kentucky 40828
(606) 837-3205

11 ziplines
Facebook















_________________________________________________________________________________


After zipping in Evarts, I drove to Sevierville, TN, where I hiked to a waterfall at Foxfire Mountain. They have a nice canopy tour, but I was not able to zip it.


3757 Thomas Lane
Seiverville, TN 37876

865-453-1998


Next I went to Five Oaks where I zipped their canopy tour of 6 lines. They have 7 lines during the day, but at present only 6 after 7 P.M. Great time, nice tour!

Adventure Park Ziplines at Five Oaks

1628 ParkwaySevierville, TN 37862
Facebook

(865) 453-8644

No Pictures

_________________________________________________________________________________

On the 18th I drove to Pigeon Forge to roll down the hill in a Zorb. It is a giant hamster ball you are strapped into and then rolled down a hill. Pics later!

Zorb Smoky Mountains
203 Sugar hollow Rd
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
(865) 428-2422

Zorb.com











_________________________________________________________________________________


Then, on to Copperhill, TN, where I rested for a couple of days before whitewater rafting down the Ocoee River on June 20th!

Whitewater Express
703 Golf Course Road
Copperhill, TN 37317
800-676-7238



________________________________________________________________________________

On the 21st, I zipped at Ocoee ZipZ, a canopy tour consisting of 7 lines with the last one being over 900 feet long! Had a great time! 



Ocoee ZipZ

1985 Highway 64, Old Copper Road
Benton, Tennessee 37307
Facebook

(423) 338-5678




















_________________________________________________________________________________


June 22nd, I met my friend Marti in Bryson City, NC, where we did their 550 foot line and double ropes course. A nice zip to try and see if you like it! This was Marti's first time, but I made a believer out of her. She is ready for a canopy tour! 

The ropes course has two levels; 20 feet and 40 feet high. It was tough, but fun! You get a good workout! Since you are always connected to a wire and in a harness you cannot fall! 

Nantahala Outdoor Center Adventure Park
10320 US 19 W
Bryson City, NC 28713
Facebook
888-905-7238












________________________________________________________________________
My next gig is whitewater rafting the Ocoee again on the 28th!














No comments:

Post a Comment